HDTP JC Denton

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

HDTP JC Denton

Postby NaSeR » Sun Dec 10, 06 3:09 am

Is not about the first release, so this goes on a new thread.

I'm amazed with some of the new models, but especially with the JC one, just take a look:
Image This is the latest version of the pistol, with darker textures.
:shock:
Weapons also chage depending on what weapon-mod you've installed.
I even have done a picture with the three models from DX, DX:IW and DX:HDTP to see (more or less) the differences between them, I think it's the "logical evolution" if Ion Storm had done DX3.

UPDATED: 17 December 2006
A new "paint-made" picture but this one was took ingame :D
Last edited by NaSeR on Sun Dec 17, 06 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NaSeR

Postby clyzm » Sun Dec 10, 06 3:37 am

DX:IW is extremely above HDTP.

Not below, not in the middle.

I've seen their weapons, that's the only thing I'm impressed about.

Besides, this is old news.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby NaSeR » Sun Dec 10, 06 4:38 am

The position in the pic is aleatory ;) First I only compared DX:IW and DX:HDTP, but later I decided to add DX, and since I don't have photoshop installed and did it with paint (xD) I added the DX:IW+DX:HDTP to the right of the DX one. It has nothing to do with quality, moreover even if the model was WAY better the old unreal engine wouldn't let it show at 100%
It was presented 5 days ago and hasn't be commented here yet, is not that old.

PS: You seems to be on the defensive, I don't know why. This isn't my native language either, I only want all the fans of this game to be informed, sorry if I did something wrong.
NaSeR

Postby clyzm » Sun Dec 10, 06 5:45 am

It's because everyone recognizes HDTP as "the only thing that saves DX" and they don't direct their attention to any other mods. I think HDTP makes their models high-poly to attract people and show it off and boast, but they do not direct at how it would look like in-game (see: gunther hermann)
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Dae » Sun Dec 10, 06 9:11 am

As I said in comments to this newsitem on HDTP site, the model and the texture are good, but it's not JC. The only thing that reminds about him are wires on his head, nothing else.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Alex » Sun Dec 10, 06 9:36 am

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:As I said in comments to this newsitem on HDTP site, the model and the texture are good, but it's not JC. The only thing that reminds about him are wires on his head, nothing else.

Exactly! The "new" JC just misses the touch. I think the new one is a bit skinnier?
Alex
Alpha

Postby James » Sun Dec 10, 06 12:39 pm

Just gave my intelligent and observant thoughts in.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Sun Dec 10, 06 12:44 pm

JC kinda looks like he got aids.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby WildcatPhoenix » Mon Dec 11, 06 8:01 am

My only complaint is that the new JC doesn't really look his age (wasn't he supposed to be in his early to mid 20's?) However, I'm far more impressed with this skin than the MJ12 trooper or Gunther.

As for the weapon modifications, there are actually a couple of other mods which will use this feature (including my own- http://mib.deusexgaming.com). Makes me wonder why Ion Storm couldn't incorporate this stuff in the original game?

-Wildcat
WildcatPhoenix

Postby Metche » Mon Dec 11, 06 3:03 pm

cactus-clyzm wrote:It's because everyone recognizes HDTP as "the only thing that saves DX" and they don't direct their attention to any other mods. I think HDTP makes their models high-poly to attract people and show it off and boast, but they do not direct at how it would look like in-game (see: gunther hermann)

I resent that totally. You think were so far up our own arses that we can't see for toffee?

Perhaps our solid community base was built on hard work?

Everyone knows were partnered with TNM and recently DX:Reborn and I make it a personal responsibility to promote any DX mod that stands a chance of doing well.

We didn't just magic up the models and textures overnight to provide a cheap thrill 'attraction' as you put it. Its only been 3 bloody years in the making!

Gunther was shown IN GAME. JC will be shown IN GAME but theres the little fact that hes still being rigged and animations still being tweeked. Haven't I made enough mentions that were going to put JC in game soon?

The reason why I choose to put out renders is because it takes far too long from finishing the skin to getting it in game. We have 1 skinner and 1 modeller/rigger who are capable of doing character work so in short, our resources are stretched. I have no intention of leaving the community waiting for that long. Hence our renders come with a warning.

BTW just how old are you cataclyzm?
Metche

Postby Mastakilla » Mon Dec 11, 06 3:49 pm

Metche wrote:
cactus-clyzm wrote:It's because everyone recognizes HDTP as "the only thing that saves DX" and they don't direct their attention to any other mods. I think HDTP makes their models high-poly to attract people and show it off and boast, but they do not direct at how it would look like in-game (see: gunther hermann)

I resent that totally. You think were so far up our own arses that we can't see for toffee?

Perhaps our solid community base was built on hard work?

Everyone knows were partnered with TNM and recently DX:Reborn and I make it a personal responsibility to promote any DX mod that stands a chance of doing well.

We didn't just magic up the models and textures overnight to provide a cheap thrill 'attraction' as you put it. Its only been 3 bloody years in the making!

Gunther was shown IN GAME. JC will be shown IN GAME but theres the little fact that hes still being rigged and animations still being tweeked. Haven't I made enough mentions that were going to put JC in game soon?

The reason why I choose to put out renders is because it takes far too long from finishing the skin to getting it in game. We have 1 skinner and 1 modeller/rigger who are capable of doing character work so in short, our resources are stretched. I have no intention of leaving the community waiting for that long. Hence our renders come with a warning.

BTW just how old are you cataclyzm?

Take it easy, Cataclyzm, who happens to be very sexy, likes to be an asshole, he's just being critical. I hope.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby clyzm » Mon Dec 11, 06 10:38 pm

I don't think age matters into this, but perhaps I didn't see how hard you worked. Anyways I'm still not impressed with most, however I like the effort.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Bob » Tue Dec 12, 06 7:14 pm

The MJ12 trooper looks extremly well done.
Bob
Forum God

Postby Big Daddy » Tue Dec 12, 06 10:24 pm

WildcatPhoenix wrote:My only complaint is that the new JC doesn't really look his age (wasn't he supposed to be in his early to mid 20's?) However, I'm far more impressed with this skin than the MJ12 trooper or Gunther.

As for the weapon modifications, there are actually a couple of other mods which will use this feature (including my own- http://mib.deusexgaming.com). Makes me wonder why Ion Storm couldn't incorporate this stuff in the original game?

-Wildcat
Well maybe he wanted to look beautiful by going on Extreme Makeover and have those wires removed.

Amazing textures. I think they've taken 20 years off him.

I hate to be gay but you gave him about a 12 inch hose lol.
A CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine Sniper, asked. "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"
The Marine shrugged and replied, "Recoil."
Sig by Protocol but I did help.....I gave him the render if that counts as something.
Big Daddy
Forum Hero

Postby Siva » Wed Dec 13, 06 4:44 pm

Don't like much of the new models except for the weapons and el trooparo
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Big Daddy » Wed Dec 13, 06 9:19 pm

Who made the models anyways?
A CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine Sniper, asked. "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"
The Marine shrugged and replied, "Recoil."
Sig by Protocol but I did help.....I gave him the render if that counts as something.
Big Daddy
Forum Hero

Postby clyzm » Wed Dec 13, 06 10:31 pm

±Tantalus± wrote:Who made the models anyways?

Phas.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Return to Modifications